Ants are a social insect. They generally live in colonies. Ants may enter your home searching for food or seeking shelter. They generally enter through the smallest holes or openings for food and water. Ants love protein/grease based foods or sugar based foods. Once they successfully find a food source, they leave a pheromone trail so that other ants can follow them.
There is a variety of ants such as Argentine Ants, Crazy Ants, Ghost Ants, Fire Ants, Carpenter Ants, Odorous House Ants, Leafcutter Ants, Pharoah Ants, and Pavement Ants and so on. The number of ants is growing day by day as the researchers are discovering more and more species. Ants are very common pests in every household. Many of us face difficulties in try to permanently get rid of them.
If you found the ants infestation signs in your building, Contact a professional pest control Melbourne team immediately. They will be able to inspect your place and perform well to remove all ants from your home and suggest a course of ant control and extermination.
Marks Pest Control is a leading pest control expert in Melbourne and provides a range of pest control services including ant control, moth control, silverfish control, borer control and others.
Signs of Ant Infestation
- Most obvious signs of ant infestation are the presence, or visible sights or the movements of ants in your property.
- If you happen to notice regular sightings of a cluster of ants in the kitchen chances are that they have infested your kitchen and can be nesting anywhere in the kitchen.
- Look for ant pathways for the movement of ants from outside to inside. Ants leave pheromones which attract other ants and they follow the trail for food.
- Look for nests of ants inside your property, basement, garden or cupboards. Different species of ants make different kinds of nests and at different places
- Common ants will have a nest which will look like a small pile of soil or mud. You will see very small round specs of soil in the garden which can be a sign of ant nests.
Let Your Ant Invasion turn into a part of the Past With a Simple Ant Treatment
From constructional harm to sustenance contamination, ants can be definitely in excess of an inconvenience! Execution the ants you see out in the open will do tiddly to dispose of an intrusion. Their concoction markers will remain and others will simply come to have their spot. Mark’s Pest Control is a reliable name that will deliver the best ant pest control services for you. We will identify the source of an infestation, remove or treat their nests and deliver complete eradication of ants from your property. Hire Mark’s Pest Control today and get rid of ants within 24 hours. We can provide a safe and effective measure for complete control of ant movement from outside to your property.
Let us get back to You.
Are Ants Harmful to Human Beings?
Most of the ants are not harmful to humans intrinsically. For example, you can pick one ant and it will only scamp around on the hand without stinging or biting. But, this particular innocent behavior is not applicable to all species. Red ants are one of the harmful ants. These species are small but their bite causes severe pain.
However, if a large number of ants bite a person at the same time, it could be really harmful. Additionally, the red fire ant bites as well as injects venom. It may result in anaphylaxis in a person. According to some cases, if a large number of fire ants bite a single person at the same time, this may cause massive anaphylaxis as well as death.
Most of the ants that invade your home are generally harmless in nature. But, they may be indirectly harmful as they can spread germs from different locations to your food.
Call us now on our toll-free number or reach us online.
Ants bothering You? Want to Get Rid of them?
Only 4 Steps to Successful Ant Control Melbourne
- Thorough Exploration
- Mannerly Consumers Support
- Effective Ant Removal/ Eradication
- Customize Service
To control ants, inspection is a very important step.
- In order to find the ant nests, you have to follow their trails. Ants leave a chemical pheromone trail behind their established row to and from a confirmed food source so that the other ants can easily find that food source.
- Inspect along with the doors, carpets edges, windows and the associated areas of the kitchen. One of the easiest ways to find an ant trail is to keep an eye where the ants go after fetching the food. If your target is the Carpenter Ants, you should inspect at night rather than a day as most of the Carpenter Ants are nocturnal. You can notice that these ants emerge from the damaged wood inside your house as well as outside the woodpiles, tree stumps, and water-damaged wood.
- If you want to inspect the ants outside your house, then you should search them around the foundation walls, mulch or the areas of vegetation. Any vegetation near the walls and patios may be associated with some hidden ant nests or their trails. Check under all the places on the ground. Some ant nests are hidden.
- If possible, you can treat the nest directly as well as use non-repellent insecticide or bait around the house and on the trails of ants
Ant Control Melbourne: Other Methods
- Outsider ants can enter your home in search of foods. Some of the species reside and make permanent nests inside the houses. You can follow the following tips in order to prevent the ant infestation:
- Seal and caulk cracks as well as crevices in order to eliminate the passage into your home.
- You should clean all possible entry points using detergent in order to remove the chemical trail pheromone. After that, spray residual insecticides (non-repellent) such as FUSE Insecticide or Taurus SC around every possible perimeter as well as entry points.
- Ant Baits are a very successful method for controlling ants. Ant baits are available in gels, stations or granules. These baits are associated with sugar-based active ingredients or protein/grease-based active ingredients in order to attract a large number of ant species as well as target their dietary needs.
The Carpenter Ants are most active during the evening hours both outside and inside. You have to observe them in order to apply the spray or bait. You can use a non-repellent insecticide in order to minimize the risk. However, if the situation is out of control, it is highly recommended to consult a professional pest control service.
After they’re done with the ant treatment, Our Pest Control Exterminators will give you some guidelines on how to proof your residential place and how to repulse more unrealized attacks from these tiny ants.
Marks Pest Control is a leading Ant control expert in Melbourne. We adopt eco-friendly, safe and reliable pest control methods. We are certified and licensed ant control experts in Melbourne. Contact us to know more about Ant Control Melbourne.
Frequently Asked Questions For Ant Control Melbourne
Our Exterminators have the knowledge to get rid of ants from your residential or commercial place. They will prevent you from the ants quickly and carefully as they’re one of the most common household problems.
The most common cause that ants are in the house because of the excessive amount of Sugar, Crumbs, and Uncovered Food. Ants may also enter your home into the woods. They can damage their furniture property If they live a long time in the woods.
The main reason behind the cause for ant infestations in the home is the ant’s quest for foods. They are especially fond of sugary foods, starchy foods, and greasy substances, so anything sweet works like an ant magnet.
May or may not be. Most of the ants are not harmful to humans intrinsically. But, Sometimes they can be indirectly harmful, such as by spreading germs from other locations to your nutrient food.
Ants don’t like vinegar. So If you want to kill ants instantly, You can spray the mixture of vinegar and water directly onto the ants. After this procedure, you can wipe up the ants on tissue paper and throw away.
You can contact us immediately if you have suffered from these pest problems inside your home. We are available for 24 hours. Same day services will also be provided.