Effective Flea Control Adelaide – Fleas are interesting insects in the sense that these behave quite differently from other bugs and insects that cause havoc in our lives. Further, fleas can’t bite humans and only feast upon pets like dogs and cats. Fleas are mostly found on cats, dogs, carpets, furniture and grassy areas. They have flat body so they can move easily by fur. Fleas identify possible targets through vibration. They can’t jump much high and can only crawl beyond a specific height.
Importance of Flea Treatment in Adelaide
Fleas may not bite humans but may cause irritation while they crawl on our skin. Fleas are very tiny bugs. However, the female fleas are a little bit bigger than the males. Further, they have spines and hairs which point backward and have legs which are spiky. These features help them to hide in between fur of animals and also jump from one victim to another.
Flea infestation can become a problem when there are pets around and the easiest way to determine a flea infestation is when you notice that the pets are scratching themselves more than usual. The discomfort and resulting allergic reactions becomes a matter of concern, thereby immediate Flea Control Adelaide is necessary.
Let us get back to You.
How Dangerous Are Fleas?
Pets are lovely companions for humans and it is important that they must be cared for in the best way. It’s a big responsibility when we have pets because it’s only us they are dependent upon to ensure they are healthy and happy.
Pets can not always remain indoors and just like humans, they need to go outdoors and socialize. They may pick fleas from neighbor’s pet or may be, from a stray animal. However, fleas infestation happens very easily and therefore regular checks are necessary to ensure that your pet is not suffering from any such infestation.
- Fleas may not be harmful to humans but once in a while, if they bite you, proper medical treatment is necessary. Possible reactions may include trouble in breathing and swelling of face, mouth, hands, and lips.
- Pets are more prone to getting diseases through fleas. They might even get tapeworms. Even humans may get the same through their pets.
- Flea Allergic Dermatitis or FAD is a condition which can cause immense discomfort to your pets as it gets itchy and can even form pus bumps which might lead to hair loss.
- Anemia is a common condition in cats due to flea infestation. If left untreated, this may get serious and life threatening.
- Humans may also get infected with serious diseases. Further, flease infest rats and therefore can become a major carrier of bubonic plague virus.
- Murine Typhus is another disease which may affect humans. Its symptoms include nausea, headache, and fever.
Common Types of Fleas
- Cat Flea as the name suggests lives within cats fur and feed on its blood.
- 3mm long wingless thick that is flattened from the sides. They have long thin legs which help them in jumping.
- Mostly inhabit the places where cats usually rest like their baskets or boxes.
- Adults dog flea inhabits in dogs fur and survives on its blood. There can often bite humans as well
- Adult dog fleas appear brown in colour and can become reddish black after a meal.
- They can vary from 1mm to 4 mm. Dog flea larvae are off white in colour and can measure up to 5mm.
How to identify Flea Bites?
Flea bites on humans can cause distress, discomfort and irritation but flea bites on your pets can actually torture them. If your pet cat or dog is constantly scratching any part of their body and you may see them biting that part that can be a sign of flea bite.
Flea bites on humans can be noticed and you may feel itchiness and redness around a flea bite. It is very difficult to identify flea bites as many other insects can leave small bite marks which are itchy.
Flea bites look like brown or red small bark which is less swelling compared to other insect bites, If you identify the flea bite you can call professional assistance to get rid of fleas. Marks Pest Controller Adelaide will provide you with complete treatment and removal of fleas from your pets and homes. We have a vast knowledge of different types of flea species and deliver respective flea control accordingly.
Excellent Flea Control Adelaide
Fleas may come from anywhere; even from your garden. They search for warm-blooded animals to feast upon. The most common fleas are Dog Fleas and Cat fleas. While the Cat Fleas may infect both cats, dogs and some other animals the Dog Fleas will look for dogs and rabbits but hardly ever on cats.
- Most important sign of a flea infestation is when you notice that your pet is scratching its body way too much. Immediately check the fur and look for reddened skin or loss of hair. Dogs are usually targeted at their hind portion of the body while cats are targeted around the neck and head.
- Check for flea droppings, which may be red or black, within the furs.
- Look for larvae, pupae and eggs in your garden, yard and all the places your pet loves to roam around in your home.
- Look for flea droppings on carpets and sitting areas. If you find small dirt like things, collect those with a wet tissue and observe if there are rings of blood.
After being convinced of a flea infestation, don’t waste time. Get into combating the problem immediately. Removing a flea infestation won’t be an easy job. It becomes challenging as the adult fleas are very small in size and can survive without eating for days. Flea infestation doesn’t remain restricted only to the adult fleas but the whole army of larvae, eggs, and cocoons. So, a thorough elimination plan has to be executed to ensure you are rid totally of the menace.
Top Tips to Prevent & Control Flea
It’s always a better idea to prevent rather than cure a difficult condition. To ensure that you don’t get flea infestations, ensure that you check the fur of your pet properly. Below are few ways for Flea Control Adelaide:
- Vacuuming of rooms, carpets, cracks, crevices, and furniture with upholstery is the first action you need to take.
- Kills fleas and bugs alike by creating a temperature of 50-degree centigrade or above in places where they breed. Clean your pet’s fur with a comb and consult a veterinary.
- While disposing of the vacuum packet, ensure you do it outside and away from your home. It’s best to incinerate it without opening.
- Keep fur of your pets clean, well groomed and trimmed.
- Some natural remedies are useful as well. You can mix some apple cider vinegar with water and spray on the flea infested fur of your pet which will make the pests jump off.
- A very effective non-chemical treatment is Diatomaceous Earth or DE which is harmless. DE kills fleas effectively by dehydrating their bodies and destroying.
If all the above methods fail, hire professionals to get rid of flea infestation. Marks Pest Control is a leading flea control expert in Adelaide. Further, our licensed and expert pest technicians help in quick pest control and removal through environment-friendly methods.
Get in touch with us to know more about Flea Control Adelaide.
Why Mark’s Flea Control Adelaide?
- We are provide professional flea control service providers in Adelaide. We offer customer-oriented services. Some of our specialty are:
- Same day and instant service.
- We provide 24×7 hours of service to our customers.
- We have certified technicians in our company.
- Our expert team uses eco-friendly products.
- Excellent Infrastructure and service quality.
- Our services are hassle-free and safe for your pets and kids.
- We do not charge any extra cost on Saturday and Sundays.
- We don’t claim any hidden costs.
- Our professionals are experts in dealing with all types of pests.
- The services offered by us are affordable and at competitive prices.
Frequently Asked Question on Flea Control Adelaide
A most important sign of a flea infestation is when you notice that your pet is scratching its body way too much. If you found the flea droppings on carpets and sitting areas. Then You should call Marks Flea Control Adelaide exterminators to control all kinds of fleas from your place.
Fleas thrive on mammal blood. They suck the blood from dogs and cats, and females, the female’s fleas thrive on her body weight in blood daily.
Yes, Flea bites can harm humans and animals as well. These bites can be itchy and painful. Fleas bites often result in infection and, in extreme cases, amputation and many other diseases.
Raid Flea Killer Plus, Carpet & Room Spray with Insect Growth Regulator are the best flea removal insecticides.
There is no set price for flea control, but you could expect to pay between $100 and $250 dollars for immediate flea removal.