Flea Control Melbourne. Call us @ 1300 355 753 for flea control services in Melbourne using eco-friendly practices at lowest rates.
Why is Flea Control in Melbourne Necessary?
Fleas are interesting insects in the sense that these behave quite differently from other bugs and insects that cause havoc in our lives. Further, fleas can’t bite humans and only feast upon pets like dogs and cats. Fleas identify possible targets through vibration. They can’t jump much high and can only crawl beyond a specific height.
Fleas may not bite humans but may cause irritation while they crawl on our skin. Fleas are very tiny bugs. However, the female fleas are a little bit bigger than the males. Further, they have spines and hairs which point backward and have legs which are spiky. These features help them to hide in between fur of animals and also jump from one victim to another.
Flea infestation can become a problem when there are pets around and the easiest way to determine a flea infestation is when you notice that the pets are scratching themselves more than usual. The discomfort and resulting allergic reactions becomes a matter of concern, thereby immediate Flea Control Melbourne is necessary.
Threats of a Flea Infestation
Pets are lovely companions for humans and it is important that they must be cared for in the best way. It’s a big responsibility when we have pets because it’s only us they are dependent upon to ensure they are healthy and happy.
Pets can not always remain indoors and just like humans, they need to go outdoors and socialize. They may pick fleas from neighbor’s pet or may be, from a stray animal. However, fleas infestation happens very easily and therefore regular checks are necessary to ensure that your pet is not suffering from any such infestation.
- Fleas may not be harmful to humans but once in a while, if they bite you, proper medical treatment is necessary. Possible reactions may include trouble in breathing and swelling of face, mouth, hands, and lips.
- Pets are more prone to getting diseases through fleas. They might even get tapeworms. Even humans may get the same through their pets.
- Flea Allergic Dermatitis or FAD is a condition which can cause immense discomfort to your pets as it gets itchy and can even form pus bumps which might lead to hair loss.
- Anemia is a common condition in cats due to flea infestation. If left untreated, this may get serious and life threatening.
- Humans may also get infected with serious diseases. Further, flease infest rats and therefore can become a major carrier of bubonic plague virus.
- Murine Typhus is another disease which may affect humans. Its symptoms include nausea, headache, and fever.
How to Identify a Flea Infestation?
It is very important that flea infestation should be taken seriously as not only pets but humans can also get infected with various diseases.
Fleas may come from anywhere; even from your garden. They search for warm-blooded animals to feast upon. The most common fleas are Dog Fleas and Cat fleas. While the Cat Fleas may infect both cats, dogs and some other animals the Dog Fleas will look for dogs and rabbits but hardly ever on cats.
- Most important sign of a flea infestation is when you notice that your pet is scratching its body way too much. Immediately check the fur and look for reddened skin or loss of hair. Dogs are usually targeted at their hind portion of the body while cats are targeted around the neck and head.
- Check for flea droppings, which may be red or black, within the furs.
- Look for larvae, pupae and eggs in your garden, yard and all the places your pet loves to roam around in your home.
- Look for flea droppings on carpets and sitting areas. If you find small dirt like things, collect those with a wet tissue and observe if there are rings of blood.
After being convinced of a flea infestation, don’t waste time. Get into combating the problem immediately. Removing a flea infestation won’t be an easy job. It becomes challenging as the adult fleas are very small in size and can survive starving for days. Flea infestation doesn’t remain restricted only to the adult fleas but the whole army of larvae, eggs, and cocoons. So, a thorough elimination plan has to be executed to ensure you are rid totally of the menace.
Flea Control Melbourne
It’s always a better idea to prevent rather than cure a difficult condition. To ensure that you don’t get flea infestations, ensure that you check the fur of your pet properly. Below are few ways for Flea Control Melbourne:
- Vacuuming of rooms, carpets, cracks, crevices, and furniture with upholstery is the first action you need to take.
- Kills fleas and bugs alike by creating a temperature of 50-degree centigrade or above in places where they breed. Clean your pet’s fur with a comb and consult a veterinary.
- While disposing of the vacuum packet, ensure you do it outside and away from your home. It’s best to incinerate it without opening.
- Keep fur of your pets clean, well groomed and trimmed.
- Some natural remedies are useful as well. You can mix some apple cider vinegar with water and spray on the flea infested fur of your pet which will make the pests jump off.
- A very effective non-chemical treatment is Diatomaceous Earth or DE which is harmless. DE kills fleas effectively by dehydrating their bodies and destroying.
If all the above methods fail, hire professionals to get rid of flea infestation. Marks Pest Control is a leading flea control expert in Melbourne. Further, our licensed and expert pest technicians help in quick pest control and removal through environment-friendly methods.
Get in touch with us to know more about Flea Control Melbourne.