Bed bugs are considered among the most dangerous species of insects that invade living spaces very rapidly. These night stalkers are usually found on beds and become active during the night. Sucking human blood is one of their favorite activities, and their bites can cause serious rashes and allergic reactions. Thus, it is necessary to get rid of them as soon as possible.
There are many ways that can help you get rid of bed bugs completely, thus nullifying the chances of health problems caused by them. In case of a large infestation or to remove bed bugs in multiple rooms, you should ask for professional help.
Listed below are the 5 simple steps to get rid of your bed bugs:
- First of all, you need to clean your home or the rooms where you get the bed bugs problem. Remove old newspapers, magazines, and other similar items from shelves and desks, and put them in a plastic bag and seal it or dispose of if you no longer need.
- Empty the rooms, keeping cushions, blankets, rugs, mats, pillows, bedsheets, quilts, and clothes out. Wash the clothing and bedding with tap water and if they are already laundered items, put them in a high heat setting for 15 minutes. The items, which can’t be laundered, you can use steam cleaning to get bugs out. Don’t forget to check the drawers and closets as bugs can make their homes anywhere. Empty the drawers outside the room, and keep the important items back, and put the unwanted ones in the dustbin.
- Once you have cleared the room, use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust. Reach under the tables, beds, and even inside them using the vacuum pipe. In addition, you should not leave light switches, fans, clocks, and windows uncleaned. After you finished the vacuum cleaning task, put the garbage in a plastic bag immediately, and seal it.
- Next, repeat the previous step, but with a steam This is because bed bugs hate heat, and a steam cleaner can help you get them out even from the hard-to-reach places.
- You should ensure that walls and floors of your room don’t have cracks as bed bugs can find their way to these places. So, if you find any cracks, it is important to get them repaired immediately. By doing so, you can reduce the chances of development of eggs and growth of bugs to several folds.
However, these 5 simple steps are helpful in getting rid of bed bugs, but you should take a step further to get complete treatment. You need to purchase a wide range of sprays and treatments, which can help you remove the bed bugs completely, and prevent further development.
You should repeat this bed bug removal process at least two to three times a month, and this will help you make your home bug free, thus promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Marks Pest Control is a leading provider of pest control services in all suburbs of Melbourne. We are in this business for more than Ten years and are known for professional, reasonably priced services. 12 months pest-free guarantee on all services!
For more details, please call us at 0433 791 074.