Have you ever come across small oval-shaped, brown insects which often stick to your bed or other furniture? If yes, then you should get alert as your house might have been infested by bedbugs.
These creatures cannot fly and live on animals as well as human beings. Thus, if they ever come in contact with pets or other family members, then they can be a cause of severe pain and nuisance.
As a matter of fact, bedbugs have the ability to lay hundreds of eggs in a go, thus they multiply very rapidly. Due to this property, if they invade your house once, even if in a small number, they can lead to a huge damage and make the entire environment of your house extremely unhealthy to live in.
Where are Bedbugs Found?
Bedbugs usually hide in cozy and difficult to reach areas including the likes of luggage, clothing, couches, beds, armchair, and others. Bedbugs bite humans and suck their blood out. This usually happens while we are asleep.
Well, don’t worry following are some ways by which you can easily get rid of these small yet powerful insects.
Ways to Get Rid Of Bedbugs Infestation
There are various ways to get rid of these bedbugs. Some of them include:
- Always maintain cleanliness of your bedding, curtains, linen and the like. Try to clean your furniture with lukewarm to hot water and dry them in sun. This kills all the larvae and the eggs and help in controlling the infestation.
- Use a brush with stiff bristles to clean the mattress and then vacuum the possible area where bedbugs could be found.
- Try to vacuum your bed and other pieces of furniture like sofas and armchairs regularly. Further, it is highly recommended to pack the vacuum cleaner in a plastic bag and leave it outside your house for some time.
- The best way to protect your mattress from bedbugs infestation is to encase them with a zipped cover. This prevents the bedbugs from entering or escaping anywhere else in the house.
- The bedbug-proof cases are best to prevent your bed and other things from being infested by these bedbugs.
- Incidentally, bed bugs are immune against all kinds of chemicals and insecticides. And, they are very good at hiding. If your spray any insecticide or pesticide over a surface, they run to hide somewhere else. So the best method to get rid of them is to let them starve. That is don’t let them suck the human or the animal blood in any way. For this, you can use bedbug traps available in the market and you will be sorted.
- If the situation is out of control then it is best to hire professional help to swipe these bedbugs out of the house. They not only provide good treatment for these creatures but also prevent any kind of future infestation in your house.
Always remember one fact that bedbugs are completely different from the fleas and other pests as they don’t live on their host, they only feed on them.Thus, next time you notice any signs of bedbugs inside or around your house, it is highly recommended to hire a professional bedbugs control company and get it sorted.