Carpenter ants can be quite a problem if they are not taken care of immediately. These wood-eating pests are a common trouble in Australia. These are big and black ants who like to tunnel through and live in wood. They are commonly found in old wooden structures as they prefer to live in damp and decayed structures.
There are many easy and effective ways to eliminate carpenter ant nests. But unlike other pests and rodents, carpenter ants can cause great damage before you even realize you have a problem.
And as you’ve found this article already, we imagine you have an incessant carpenter ant infestation.
So Here is a Guide on how to Tackle and Prevent Carpenter Ants Infestations Effectively:
- The first step to prevent recurrence of any pest infestation is to seal all the gaps and cracks in your house and office. This includes wire holes and utility pipes which penetrate the walls. Also seal gaps surrounding all electric outlets to Prevent Carpenter Ants from invading.
- Fix water leakages and moisture problems both indoors and outdoors. Look around for damp wood and be sure to either replace or repair them.
- You shouldn’t have any tree stump in your garden. Make sure you have them mulched or just ship them. In any case, you shouldn’t have any wooden debris around the house.
- Make certain that your stock of firewood is not kept too near your building. You don’t even want them touching the walls.
- Check the trees in your garden thoroughly and make sure that their branches do not touch walls or roof of the building. This makes it harder for carpenter ants and other pests to find a way inside.
- Keep your house neat and clean to deter these pests from making a nest. Damp and dirty places make a perfect breeding ground for ants. Keep food in sealed containers, regularly clean the floors, and fix leaky taps that might dampen the cabinets beneath them.
- Clean out your cat litter box regularly as it might provide a shelter for carpenter ants when not in use. Make your home as unfriendly as you can for these pests.
Even with the highest precaution, it’s impossible to prevent invasion of carpenter ants by yourself. That’s why we recommend to schedule regular check-ups with Professional Pest Control Melbourne Services. Their experts are trained to locate their nests and eliminate the colonies effectively. Professional carpenter ants control is the most effortless and effective solution for preventing and getting rid of carpenter ant infestations.
Affordable Pest Control Company
We hope you enjoyed our article on preventing carpenter ants. Contact Marks Pest Control today to get a free quote of our Carpenter Ants Control Melbourne. If you need a help for cleaning carpet Call us Now.
Must Visit – How to Prevent Carpenter Ants Infestation