Pest Control Tips. Looking for tried and tested pest control tips? Well, look no further! This article talks about various pest control tips.
Tried and Tested Pest Control Tips
Keeping your premises clean and healthy is not just a choice, it’s a necessity. Pest and fly free home is what keeps you healthy and clean. While you might need to hire a pest control company in case of a severe infestation, however, some smart pest control tips can also help you out.
Here are a few ways you can protect your place from various pests:
Termites may be small but the damage they cause is definitely not! They are more dangerous because they act silently. It means that termites may be living at your home and causing damage while your remain unaware of it.
The reason why termites invade your furniture is that wood provides them cellulose which they thrive on.
- To eradicate termites naturally, all you need to do is keep nematodes inside the backyard. Nematodes are an ant and termite eaters. They will help you to reduce their population.
- Alternatively, take a cardboard and apply borax acid on it to attract termites. Borax dysfunctions the nervous system of termites and leads to dehydration, thus, killing them.
The best way to control ants’ population is by making a sugar and borax bait.
- Take a measuring bowl, add peanut butter to it, then add some sugar and lastly, mix one spoon full of borax acid into it and mix well.
- Now, take a straw and bait it inside the straw till it is completely full.
- Cut the straw into small pieces and keep it in the area where you find ant hills.
- This will help you to get rid of ants.
To eradicate fleas, the best method is by using salt.
- Apply salt on your carpet. This will lead to the attachment of flea larvae to the salt crystal. Due to this when fleas try to reproduce, their body actually aches due to the salt crystal which leads to bleeding which in turn dehydrates them and leads to death.
- Keep this salt for a week and then vacuum the area properly.
Control against mosquito bites can be obtained using mosquito nets or mosquito repellents.
While using a mosquito net, you should take care of following things:
- The net should be white (for easy detection).
- Top and sides should be netting.
- Net treated with additional insecticides for additional protection is recommended.
You might also use mosquito repellents which provide good protection for 18-20 hours. You might like to go for repellents containing Diethyltoluamide, Indalone and Dimethyl Phthalate.
Instead of buying costly pesticides, you can make a homemade bait to control cockroach.
- Take a handful of boric acid. Add white flour and powdered white sugar to it and mix well.
- Sugar and flour attract cockroach while boric acid kills them.
- Sprinkle this mixture on the areas where you can find a cockroach.
You deserve a healthy home. So keep these tips in your mind for an effective pest control. However, if nothing seems to work out, you would have to hire pest control services for effective results.
Pest Control Tips
Here are some useful tips that you can employ in your everyday life to keep all sorts of pests away…
- Do not provide accessible water or food source to the pests.
- Further, do not keep unsealed food packets in the cupboards.
- Also, do not leave unclean dishes in the sink overnight.
- Fit door seals at the bottom of the doors to avoid unwanted entry of the pests.
- Moreover, keep food in air tight containers.
- Fit fly screens to the windows for further protection.
- Clean your property regularly.
- Additionally, close any possible holes in walls, tiles, or cupboards.
- Empty dust bin daily.
Marks Pest Control Melbourne believes in delivering perfection in the most efficient, quickest, and affordable way. We have ample experience and exposure to bring you the finest pest control methods and ensure you and your property are safe from harmful pests. Call us to get a free quote!
Location: Melbourne, VIC