Professional Rodent Extermination Adelaide
Rodent Control Adelaide-Rodents come under the category of mammals that has scientific name as Rodentia. The single pair of growing incisors in each lower and upper jaw is the distinctive characteristic of rodents. 40 % of all mammals are considered as rodents. Rodents are widely found in Adelaide. it is important to control rodents as they cause damage to your health and property.
They are one of the creatures that you don’t want in your residential and commercial places. To control them in the most effective way, team of Mark’s Pest Control Adelaide is here. We are local rodent controllers of the Adelaide. The rodent control services delivered from our end is long-lasting and affordable.
Mark’s Rodent Control Adelaide uses the best approach to exterminate rats and mice. We have team of expert professionals that eradicate all types of rodents. Same day instant services is delivered to solve your rodent problem. Call us today to get rodent free life.
Rodent Family Members
The family of rodents is quite large. It includes:
- Prairie dogs
- Guinea pigs
Life Cycle of Mice and Rat
The life cycle of a mouse consists of the following phases.
- Females went under a heated environment for about 4 to 5 days.
- Rodents give birth after 3 weeks of pregnancy.
- A female mouse produces 5 to 8 pups.
- The newborns are blind and hairless at the very beginning of their life cycle.
- Baby mice get thin fur and slowly gain vision and mobility near about after 2 weeks.
- About 2 months after the birth of the mouse, they are ready to mate and can reproduce.
Types of Rodent
Broad Toothed Rat –Having Broad face, short tail, small round ears, soft fur, and stocky body. They remains active during winter & feeds mainly on the stems, leaves and seeds of grasses and sedge.
Brown Rat – Also known as sewer rat, brown rats are aggressive, seen with a scabby, damaged tail, short ears, small eyes and coarse brown colored. they live in burrows underground, away from human habitation.
Black Rat – Having large ears, big eyes, light brown upper coat with a pale grey to white underside and a pointed snout. They are good climber and is often found in the roofs of residential and commercial apartment. Mostly found across Australia and live in both agricultural & urban areas.
House Mouse – Having large round ears, big eyes & pointed snout. They mostly found around commercial, agricultural and residential buildings. They will climb and live in most dark, hidden areas of the home. Like rats, they make their nests from soft materials like paper, grass.
Field Mouse – They feeds on grains and is mostly found in agricultural, commercial and residential apartment. having large ears than house mouse, sandy brown fur which becomes more yellowish on its chest.
Rodent Control Exterminator Adelaide
Rodents have time and again infested human societies and resulted in heavy losses. Thus, it is important to understand how rodents can prove to be a danger to our society and how you can deal with them. If you want to get rid of rat & mice contact us. Marks Pest Treatment Adelaide has the technical expertise to manage your rodent Infestation. There are a few extra reasons to hire a Marks Pest Control Professional.
- 24 Hour Available as well as in Emergency
- Inconspicuous service
- 100% Guaranteed results
- Inspection cameras endoscope
- Same-day treatments
Let us get back to You.
Rodent Control Adelaide – Damage Cause by Rats & Mice
- Rodents are extremely destructive and can cause serious safety risks.
- Rats and mice can cause structural damage to house, apartments, offices by gnawing, nest-building.
- Further, rats end up starting the fire by chewing the electric cables. So, if next time you hear that a fire broke out without any reason, think of rats.
- Moreover, rats eat tons of food and then contaminate more with feces, hair, and urine. Mice and rats contaminate more than 20% of food across the world.
- They damage everything from books, structures, furniture and even electrical appliances through burrowing and gnawing.
- The worst part is that they are also responsible for spreading the disease to animals and humans through the bites and by transporting lice, fleas, ticks, and mites and also by leaving the food droppings everywhere.
- Additionally, rats are vectors for rat-bite fever, bubonic plague, hantavirus, infectious jaundice, leptospirosis, trichinosis, salmonellosis, typhus and pulmonary fever.
- As a burrowing animal, rodents inflict major damage to equipment, structures, utilities, furniture, and vehicles.
Rats are found almost everywhere from homes, restaurants, supermarkets, farm fields, and livestock pens. The grain mills, corn cribs, silos, and warehouses are vulnerable to the rat infestation. They are usually active during night time when there are comparatively fewer people. Mice and rats can move through small crevices that make them easy to move around everywhere.
How to Get Rid of Rodents Naturally
Rats and mice do not like the smell generated peppermint. For getting rid of rodents, you can place peppermint oil in cotton balls and keep them at the most infected places.
Gently sprinkle instant potatoes powder on the places that are most frequently seen with rodents. They will eat the powder, and as a result, their intestines get swell up, and rodents get eventually killed.
Rodents does not like the pungent smell of onions. But it is quite a tricky task as you have to replace the old onions with the fresh one every second day.
A mixture of Cocoa Powder and Plaster of Paris(POP)
Prepare a paste of dry POP with combination of chocolate powder and spread it in those places that are more infested with rodents. After eating the composition, rodents run away out of your house in search of water and get dies.
Hot Pepper flakes
Using pepper flakes is the old age techniques to keep all the pests at bay. You can sprinkle the pepper flakes at the entry points of rodents.
Some of the Basic Facts Related with Rodent
Rodents are crazy about chewing.
Did you know that rats and mice have ever-growing teeth? They use their pearly whites teeth to chew up different articles for preparing their nest and to wear those chompers down. For their destructive chewing, books, documents, wire, cement, concrete, wood, and lead pipes are often considered as the prime targets.
Rodents are quick to Reproduction.
Rats and mice act prolific at the time of reproduction. Mice reproduce litters of five or six babies after every three months, whereas rats reproduce 10 to 12 babies after every 3 to 4 days. The presence of a single rodent creates large rodent invasion without any time.
Some rodents can swim.
Most people do not know that rodents can survive even in water for up to three days. Rodents can even survive after getting flushed down in the toilet and get back via the same route.
Rodents cannot throw up.
It is one of the most exciting facts about them. Rodents cannot burp or vomit by themselves. There is a powerful barrier between the stomachs and the esophagus of rodents; as a result, they don’t have the strength to overcome and apply force to do vomiting. Due to this disability, rodents get died by eating the poison.
Rodent Control Cost by Mark’s Rodent Control Adelaide
The professional rodent removal costs, on average, in Adelaide between $95 and $235. The amount that you will require to pay for rodent control depends on the size and the type and number of rodents that are present inside your commercial and residential premises. Call us today to get the free quotes regarding your rodent problems. We will reach your doorstep as soon as possible.
Have Queries? Contact Our Customer Care Team Today!
Call us now on our toll-free number or reach us online.
Signs of Rodent Infestation Adelaide
There are almost 12 indicators to recognize a rodent infestation and for rodent control Adelaide:
The first and foremost clue for any serious rodent infestation is the sight of dropping on your kitchen drawers, counters, and the cabinet area. The droppings are smooth with pointy ends and are almost of 4 mm long. They are of pellet shape and blunt at both the ends and of shiny black color. Dropping are often scattered randomly but close to runways, shelter or feeding areas.
The possible tracks for rodents are observed in dust, mud or dirt. At times, rat tails can leave the mark around the area. Mouse tracks are also easily traceable on the dusty surfaces. You can test for rodent tracks by simply dusting the area with the coating of chalk dust or talcum powder. Wait for a day and test by shining flashlight on the area. If you see small tracks that mean rat was there.
Rats follow the similar route every day while making rounds for food every night. While doing so, rats leave 50 mm wide traces of runways in grass or dirt, mostly next to fences or buildings.
Rats keep chewing down everything they come across with incisor teeth. If you see holes in ceilings, walls, trails in sub floors, under or behind cupboards, bathtubs, counters, etc., it means rats were there.
Burrows are found all along the walls, ditches, fences and rubbish and under buildings, woodpiles, low vegetation or concrete slabs.
Under the black light, the urine stains are easily traceable.
Rat’s oily skin fur leaves the grease marks that repeatedly comes in contact with holes and walls.
Rat nests can be easily found in the roof voids, utility closets, basements, and garages. They are made of shredded papers, clotheslines by finely shred material. The nests look like loose woven ball of 10-15 cm in total diameter.
Though rats are not visible in the darkness, you can easily make out the presence of rodents through the sounds they make after it gets dark.
In a badly ventilated room, you can easily smell the rat urine or the musky odor.
Partially consumed food
Rats leave behind half-eaten food. Though they have the tendency to eat almost all the food at times, they can leave the telltale signs of inedible and shells.
Dead or live rodents
Rodents are nocturnal but in an area with high rat populations, some of the low ranked ones will hunt out during the daytime. Probably, because they are unable to get hold of food during the night. So, if you catch the glimpse of rats in the daytime, it’s a positive sign of substantial infestation.
Disease Transmitted by Rodents
Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
It is a respiratory disease caused by the infection of rodents. The early symptoms of this problem show muscle ache, fever, and fatigue.
Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome
This disease occurs by coming in contact with the urine, droppings, and saliva of rodents. The early symptoms of HFRS include back and abdominal pain, nausea, intense headaches, and blurred vision.
Lassa fever occurs in humans due to the ingestion or inhalation process. Slight fever, general malaise and weakness, and headache are the mild symptoms of Lassa fever.
It occurs due to the consumption of contaminated drinking water that is infected with affected pest. High fever, Headache, Chills Muscle aches, Vomiting, Red eyes, Abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Rash are the indication of leptospirosis.
The plague occurs due to the bite of the infected rodent. The symptoms of plague include abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, fever and chills, extreme weakness, bleeding (blood may not be able to clot) shock, skin turning black.
It occurs when you come in direct contact with dead rodents or get a bite from an infected rodent. Fever, Headache, Ulceration at the site of the bite, skin rash with reddish-brown or purple plaques, Muscle pain etc. are some of the symptoms that give you an indication about the rat-bite fever.
Top Tips to Control Rodent Control Adelaide
The perfect way to control the population of rats is by keeping them out of the premises at first place.
- Since rats like to hide in the garden, the first defense mechanism should be to trim the area of vegetation close to your building. Dispose of off all the unwanted trimmings, plan clippings etc. to make it difficult for rodents.
- Check the perimeter of your building annually to ensure no gaps at the entry. Sealing all those entry points is important and perfect for efficient rat control. Pay attention to wiring, cables, pipes, windows, and doors. Close all these opening using wire mesh, sheet metal and pieces of tin.
- Water Puddle will give them water to drink so, make sure all the leaks are fixed and ground depressions are also filled in.
- Using traps after all the necessary steps can help you keep away rodent from house. You should dispose the traps can be disposed at a far off place from your premises.
- Keep your homes and commercial property clean and follow routine cleaning. Clean your basements, attics and cupboards regularly and never leave your basements or attics unchecked.
- You can always check for the movement of rats anywhere in your property at night. An early inspection of rat infestation will prevent future problems
Lastly, if you have still been unsuccessful in rodent control Adelaide, it’s time for some professional help. Marks Pest Eradication Adelaide offers the best solution for rodent control Adelaide with the help of its certified pest control team members.
- Book our Rodents Extermination Service Online & Say Goodbye To The Pesky Rodents.
- An Expert Will Come To Inspect Your Place.
- We Will Take All Necessary Measures.
If needed, the rodent pest control expert will inspect your place additionally. After done with rodent control process, our pest control exterminators will also give advice you on how to stay away pesky rodents from your property. You can also hire us for same day rodent control services in Brisbane at low cost.
Why Choose Marks Rodent Control Adelaide
- Safe Rat & Mice Treatments for your Family, Pets and the Environment
- Fully Licensed & insured Company and Technicians
- Fully qualified, skilled, certified & experienced exterminators
- Same Day & 24×7 Service
- Trusted Controller Team
- Professional Rodent Inspection & Removal
- Customer Support Service
- Customized treatment plans