There are almost 20 types of rodents, but only 3 causes problems in domestic or farmyard. Rodents are closely linked to humans. The reason behind this is human, and their dwellings provide them with substances they need most to live. Humans offer them food, water, and shelter although they are small creatures but can substantially create several problems that can’t be allowed to linger.
Rats and mice can cause property damage as they gnaw or chew on wallboards, wires, siding, and building insulations. They consume a variety of foods stored in your cupboards or pantry. In case, if you consume contaminated food by rodents, you may suffer from foodborne illness. Also, the disease can be spread if bitten by a rodent or if you are exposed to places that are affected by rodent urine or droppings.
What Process do we Follow to Get Rid of Rodents?
If you have experienced a mouse or rat in your house, you know how disheartening it is to realize a rodent creeping in your home. If you need a severe solution to Rodent Control Melbourne follow some easy ways to deter rats from sneaking into the house.
Seal all Holes, Cracks, and Gaps that are Entry Points for Rodents.
- Rats can enter from a pit of quarter size. Observe if there are any openings and seal the with caulk, steel wool, hardware cloth, cement, plaster or any other suitable material. If the door and windows have large cracks fix them with Weatherstrip.
Eliminate Food and Water Sources:
- Keep garbage away in the container with tight-fitting lids.
- Practice right composition methods for rodent control.
- Do no throw scraps without covering them.
- Use lime
- Avoid bird feeder as it becomes a source of food for rodents.
- Keep clean outdoor grills and cooking areas.
- Rotate compost
- Remove fallen nuts and fruits from a yard.
- Cover pools and whirlpools when they are not in use.
- Repair plumbing leaks to remove water source.
- Cover pet food in an airtight container.
Deduct Hiding and Living Places:
- Keep building surroundings clear
- Trim plants at the size of 6 to 8 inches above the ground. Small branches of trees and shrubs prevent entering rodents from roofs or balconies.
- Remove unused piles.
- Do not keep old furniture or old cars.
- Keep lumber and firewood on stands.
Pest Proof Buildings
- Cover attic vents crawl spaces with metal screening or steel mesh.
- Build sheds on concrete slabs.
- Remove rodents by electronic traps, glue traps, snap traps or ultrasonic devices.
Benefits of Rodent Proofing
- All rodent proofing is done with non-corrosive materials like galvanized steel and aluminum.
- Fits as per your premises
- Save time, money and mess by minimizing the risk.
- Reduce the use of pesticide in your building or area.
Time to Take Action, Call Marks Pest Control
If these rodent control methods are not working, its time to call the professionals. Marks Pest Control deal with rat removal and rat prevention practices focusing your home or business. You can get the benefit with a wide range of services offered by a Pest Control Melbourne Company.